Sunday, April 4, 2010

#25 The Who - The Who Sell Out (December 15, 1967)


This is another record I really loved when I first got into it, but now it only makes it on to my turntable at best, once every few months.

It's about as conceptual as a concept album gets, each song dedicated to this theme that The Who have sold their souls to the corporate world. And even with faux commercials linking each song, it never feels like a gimmick. Although, the release date does seem somewhat ironic considering it's only ten days before the most consumer-oriented holiday.

But there are some really great songs on here. "I Can See For Miles" may have been the only hit, but that's most likely do to its ability to stand alone. In fact, it's one of my least favorite songs on the album. I prefer the humorous triumvirate composed of "Odorono", "Tattoo", and "Our Love Was."

favorite song: "Our Love Was"

No comments:

Post a Comment