Monday, April 19, 2010

#29 The Beatles - The Beatles [The White Album] (November 22, 1968)


Each original pressing of this album had its own serial number. Mine is A1606169. It's little things like that which feed my vinyl record addiction. Luckily, my fix only cost me six dollars this time. And for a double album!

This is something I'm particularly happy to have on vinyl. It encompasses the whole range of The Beatles career - every spot on the genius-meter; from the most sugar-coated, ("Ob-La-Di, Ob-La Da") to the most experimental, yet somehow attracting, bits of insanity ("Revolution 9") and everything in between. Even songs like "Piggies" and "Savory Truffle" sound great in their own deviant way.

When there are so many diverse songs on one album, it's hard to pick a favorite. Sometimes I prefer the quiet beauty of "Blackbird" and other times I prefer songs like "Helter Skelter", chaotic rock that proves The Beatles were as cool as the Stones.

favorite song: "While My Guitar Gently Weeps"

No comments:

Post a Comment