Monday, March 29, 2010

#12 The Mamas & The Papas - If You Can Believe Your Eyes and Ears (March 16, 1966)



Up to this point, the pictures I've posted are fairly accurate representations of my vinyl copies. But I had to personalize for this one. This is another record I found at Salvation Army, where twenty five cents doesn't necessarily guarantee the original album artwork. But since my girlfriend recently purchased a real copy and she's the only one who reads my blog (and possibly random members of her Livejournal community, Stay Sassy) I've posted the original cover too.

It's a coincidence that the first song of the day is "Monday, Monday" but it's a great mood setter. The Mamas & The Papas are one of those bands my mom loves and for once our tastes, despite the incredible rarity, coincide.

There's a subdued version of the Beach Boys' "Do You Wanna Dance?", which I heard six albums back. "California Dreamin" is as infectious as the first two hundred times I heard it. It's a catchy feel-good album, despite the fact that it was written by a guy who had an incestuous relationship with his daughter.

favorite song: "California Dreamin'"

No comments:

Post a Comment