Friday, March 26, 2010

#4 The Beatles - Beatles For Sale (December 4, 1964)


Beatles, again?! wtf??
Give me a break, this album came out less than 11 months after the last one. And judging by the title and the date, it seems like this album was made quickly, just in time for the holiday season (I read that a while ago, I would never have made that deduction on my own). Despite the commercial intentions, it's still impressive that they put out three solid albums in the span of a year.

Granted, many of these songs, like "Mr. Moonlight", border on background music (I am eating Trader Joe's sushi and adding lipstick to my roommate's Mii while listening to it) but I still find myself singing along to every one. The album's not without its classics - "Eight Days a Week" and "I'll Follow the Sun" - but it's also got some great Carl Perkins and Chuck Berry covers.

All in all, a nice easy listen on a sunny afternoon.

favorite song: "I'll Follow the Sun"

No comments:

Post a Comment